Dr Nicole Albrecht
Nicole is a registered clinical psychologist with over 10 years experience working in the field of psychology. Nicole has worked in Western Australia’s public and private sector and has also worked as a licensed Clinical Psychologist in the USA. Nicole had the opportunity to undertake specialist training in transgender healthcare during her time in the USA, which included working work within a specialist paediatric and adult gender diversity service. She continues to work in this area as the Senior Clinical Psychologist at the Gender Pathways Service.
Nicole is passionate about supporting people to live their life fully and authentically. She provides evidence based, personcentred, affirmative and trauma informed therapy. She utilises an eclectic mix of therapy approaches, with the importance of the therapist and client relationship underpinning all work, and values collaboration in the therapy process. Nicole has trained in numerous therapy modalities, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Positive Behaviour Support (PBS), Schema Therapy, Internal Family Systems for Trauma, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and has attended the Global Education Initiative training through the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH).
Currently, Nicole provides services to individual 16 years and older. She will also provide support to gender expansive children (5yo and up) and their parents.
Concerns addressed through therapy include;
- LGBTQI identity exploration, minority stress, and related concerns
- Gender exploration and transition related support
- Parent support understanding how to best support your LGBTQI child
- Body image concerns
- Depression and other mood disorders
- Anxiety Disorder (social anxiety, generalised anxiety, panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder etc.)
- Adjustment to change and life transition (e.g. young adult issues, adolescent issues)
- Self-harm and/or suicidal ideation
- Anger management
- Family of origin issues
- PsyD (Clinical Psychology)
- BA Science (Hons)
- BA Commerce
Registration and Memberships
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) | Psychology Board of Australia Registered Psychologist, with endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist (Reg: PSY0001594443).
- Member of Australian Professional Association for Trans Health (AusPATH)
Fees and Rebates
The fee is $210 for a standard 50 minute session. Payment is to be made at the time of consultation. Fees apply for additional reports or consultation outside of standard practice.
If eligible, you may receive a $128.40 Medicare rebate. Medicare rebates are accessed via a GP or Psychiatrist referral under a Mental Health Care Plan (MHCP) for eligible patients. This provides a rebate for up to 20 consults per calendar year. For more information, refer to the Medicare website.
Private health insurance rebates may also be available to you. Please contact your insurance provider to determine the rebate you are entitled to, based on your level of cover.
Cancelled and missed appointments
It is understood that unexpected circumstances can arise and appointments may have to be rescheduled at times. Please give as much notice as possible if you cannot attend an appointment. This supports someone else to use this appointment time. Late cancellations fees apply and Medicare rebates do not apply.
Dr Nicole Albrecht, Clinical Psychologist
m: 0423 280 130
a: Unit 4, Level 1, 131 Herdsman Pde, Wembley, Perth WA 6014
Work days are Wednesday. Nicole will endeavour to respond to emails and phone queries outside of office hours, when possible.